Monday, August 25, 2008

i haven't been idle this weekend. finished this adorable little hat from susan anderson's book, itty-bitty hats. i think i could have probably just put five petals on it but it's still pretty cute!
i also finished my little chick quilt. the embroidery pattern is from my mom.
i quilted it with a flower pattern using perle cotton. i think it came out pretty adorable too! i love the colors, so bright and summery.
i also wanted to link to the green kitchen's tutorial on a wrist pincushion. she uses a darling piece of trim. i have a wrist pincushion but i've been known to stab myself using it. this one looks bigger and has a piece of cardboard in it to prevent those types of mishaps.  go  check it out-she hosting a giveaway too!

3 comments:

cathy gaubert said...

eeek! that hat is adorable!!! i may have to take a peek at that book, too.

UK lass in US said...

What a cute hat and that quilt is lovely - very summery.

Thank you for the sweet comment about my tutorial.

jenclair said...

Love the hat! And the little embroidery on the quilt is so sweet! I've stabbed myself plenty of times with my wrist pincushion, but it is so handy. I've made some felted wool pincushions in the past for give-aways (complete with cardboard protection), but I still use my ugly purchased one because I've never gotten around to making a cute one for myself.

About Me

My photo
south louisiana, United States
I'm a stay at home mom of four adult children. I've always been interested in creating and have been sewing since I was a young girl. Everyone loves lagniappe. It's the little extra things in life that make it special, whether it's a sweet, sticky kiss from a child or a great cajun cup of coffee.