Friday, October 14, 2011

Bragging rights

I've been having  a secret for ages now and I can finally share! I'm so excited to be a part of this......


Cathy was so generous to ask me to participate by making a doll quilt and I'm so honored. At first I was really anxious because look at all that talent that's in there with me. Some pretty awesome little quilts, uh? (And adorable girls!)




And here's mine....



I made this little quilt for my mom~I know she'd be so proud of me. All the fabrics come from her stash (which was truly unbelievable). I have so many vintage pieces from her and wanted to honor her with this. That's her initials. The white textured fabrics were stored in a stack in one of her back rooms. I know she must have had a dream for these pieces. Hopefully, my little dream quilt has fulfilled a part of that. So if you love to sew cute, new ideas and dolly quilts, check your local bookstore, fabric shop or Amazon to order your copy.

These all look like so much fun and a little masterpiece can be all yours to have or to give to someone you love.


Linking to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound~there's lots of pink doll quilts in there!!

p.s. Tomorrow I should have another baby to share with y'all~pray everything goes well for my daughter Katie and her new little one, Oliver John!!

Here he is:
Oliver John Dufrene; 8 lbs. 4 oz. All doing well!











13 comments:

beki said...

I love your quilt. It is not only pretty, but the meaning behind it is so much more.
Congrats on the new grandbaby!! I won't be far behind ;-)

jenclair said...

Congratulations! A beautiful quilt and so special that you made it in memory of your mother, using pieces from her stash!

J.Rylie.C said...

So pretty!

Would you please visit my PINK too? Thanks a lot!

LV said...

What little girl would not be delighted having one of these quilts for their doll. Excellent work.

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Greetings! Oh I am loving the pink in those quilts! :) And good luck with the arrival of your daughter's little one! It's always a blessing to welcome a sweet little being into the world. :)

And thank you for stopping by my page & leaving a lovely comment for Pink Saturday! :) Happy Pink Saturday to you too!!!!


Hugs,
Jessie

Anonymous said...

hey! You go right ahead and brag! That's fabulous! I love it and congrats on the special delivery coming. Can't wait to see!

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

HPS!


Congratulations!


Gabriela

Susie Jefferson said...

Wow! BIG congratulations! The quilt looks fabulous. Now all you need to do is get down to the copy shop and get that spread blown up to poster size and frame it! Tell the world! You SO deserve it. What a labour of love.

Happy Pink Saturday from the UK!

pinkkandy said...

Oh!Happy Day! Pink Day; that is..and late as usual ....I will spend most of the rest of this week-end skipping all over blog land...God Bless You All..and I mean really bless you!
Kandy

Raw Thoughts And Feelings said...

Congratulation! And the quilt is precious too!

cathy gaubert said...

you know i held my breath and crossed my fingers as soon as i asked you as the deadline was crazy, but there was no way on earth that i could i have a book without you in it! how appropriate that it was around katie's wedding, and now you actually have the book in your hands, along with katie's precious oliver! i have *no* doubt in my mind that your momma would be thrilled with both of these 'babies'!!! xoxoxoxo
p.s. brag away!!!! ;)

Jessica Rodarte said...

Congratulations all around! :)

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

A giant congratulations!

About Me

My photo
south louisiana, United States
I'm a stay at home mom of four adult children. I've always been interested in creating and have been sewing since I was a young girl. Everyone loves lagniappe. It's the little extra things in life that make it special, whether it's a sweet, sticky kiss from a child or a great cajun cup of coffee.