Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rocky Mountain High

Got back from Denver, Colorado on Saturday night and just finished editing all the photos. It was a beautiful place with wonderful weather. The first night we were greeted with a rainbow looking from the backyard of Kacy and Kevin's house. A sign of gorgeous, God made beauty.



With the sun down and cooler temperatures, a fire was lit and we toasted marshmellows for Smores. I'd never had one before and I really enjoyed it.



I've been through the Smoky Mountains quiet a few times but these mountains are so different. The overwhelming feeling of being so small in comparison. I learned that "America the Beautiful" was inspired and written from these views. I can see why.


The above view was taken from Pike's Peak. It was so cold and windy up there. Unfortunately, I found out I get altitude sickness (even though I wore a patch). I snapped a couple of pictures on the way back to the Cog train from the summit house.

The picture below was taken on the way down from the train station through the Garden of the Gods. We stopped at several places to enjoy the views and play up on the rocks.



What amazed me so much was the flowers that were blooming among the rocks. The colors were so vibrant!


Will post more photos this Saturday. See you then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God truly is wonderful, isn't he?

These are gorgeous photos you've taken Sue. I can only imagine how more gorgeous it is to actually be there. That red mountain is amazing! And yes, the blue teeny weeny flowers growing in rocks is a nice surprise :-)

Mizpah,
Li

LollyChops said...

What a beautiful place!

About Me

My photo
south louisiana, United States
I'm a stay at home mom of four adult children. I've always been interested in creating and have been sewing since I was a young girl. Everyone loves lagniappe. It's the little extra things in life that make it special, whether it's a sweet, sticky kiss from a child or a great cajun cup of coffee.