Saturday, October 18, 2008


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
above is my halloween mantel that i finally managed to decorate. i didn't get out all my halloween goodies-but better than nothing!!
this is a small quilt i made for kt. i guess i'll give it up because she finally got her house!! we're all so happy for her-it's been quite a while since they first put their bid in (june). with the storms and all they had to do to make the loan appraiser happy, it took months. the witch shoe is hers too but the little picture is mine. it's from a darling card from a friend that was too cute to put away so i framed it!
another halloween scene on my dining room table. the hat's from dept. 56 which i love!! all their stuff is soooo cute!
my halloween feather tree. i clipped my atc collection (thanks to amy) i played in her swap for the past two years and can't wait for my new cards. below are the ones i made. i recycled the raven material from someone and cut out each one. the background is paper stitched on dupioni(?) silk from my niece's wedding. i love using stuff i've saved. my family thinks i'm crazy sometimes with what i collect but i consider it "going green" in my way.
hope ya'll enjoyed the preview of the holiday. tomorrow i'll try to post some pics of my new projects from the past week.

6 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

what fantastic decorations and those ATC's are wickedly wonderful!

Our Hands For Hope said...

Love the crows,,,,found you through art essence.
Terisa

ittybittyandpretty said...

thanks for visiting my blog, i love your ravens. i think going green is your thing. well done xx rosey

Beverly said...

I love all of your decorations. How fun.

I hope everything is well with you. I've been missing you.

Sarah said...

Hi!
Thanks for your lovely comments!
I love all your halloweeny bits and pieces-your mantel display is great. I also really liked those ravens-beautiful.
Hope your foot is better too.
:)

~*~Patty S said...

Your crow cards are wonderful!!! Really Love them, thank you for sharing how you made them too :)

About Me

My photo
south louisiana, United States
I'm a stay at home mom of four adult children. I've always been interested in creating and have been sewing since I was a young girl. Everyone loves lagniappe. It's the little extra things in life that make it special, whether it's a sweet, sticky kiss from a child or a great cajun cup of coffee.