Saturday, February 7, 2009

art*essence

pink post is next. this is an art*essence post for saturday. tracy webster is hosting a challenge every saturday so hopefully i'll be able to keep up with the pinks and the challenges, maybe combine sometimes!! 

for my first challenge which is "two peas in a pod" i'd like to talk about my header on my blog and the pair of crocheted gloves laying on the pillow. my mom gave me the gloves not long after i got married (33 years now) and they're beautiful and in mint condition. i've worn them a couple of times to summer weddings with a linen dress but it's been a while now. the pillow was made by my aunt from scraps of my wedding dress for my present. i have these both in my bedroom, which is probably the most romantic room in my house (with no objections from my husband). i adore vintage and antique things and when they are from family it makes them so much more special! if y'all want to join the challenge, check out the link in the post or the picture link below my blog. thanks!!

2 comments:

bj said...

SueSue...both the gloves and the pillow are just beautiful. I know you are proud of both and I can sure see why. So glad you shared them with us today...
xo bj

♥Mimi♥ said...

Happy Pink Saturday, oh, and ♥Valentine's Day♥ too!! What a lovely sharing today. Thanks so much!

PS: A little late. Spent the day and evening yesterday with my little grandsons. Nothing like three, handsome men for distraction!

About Me

My photo
south louisiana, United States
I'm a stay at home mom of four adult children. I've always been interested in creating and have been sewing since I was a young girl. Everyone loves lagniappe. It's the little extra things in life that make it special, whether it's a sweet, sticky kiss from a child or a great cajun cup of coffee.