Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Still Spring

Another glorious weather morning here! Unusually cool for May. I love this weather although it makes me a little nostalgic. I want to go to my Mom's and sit on the porch and visit. We could sit for hours there and discuss everything in the world! I miss her so much.

I also love this time of year for all the fresh veggies available. I've been picking eggplant and tomatoes already and enjoying their deliciousness!! I bought some green beans today from a friend whose grandkids make a garden with her and her husband. They call it their Making Memories Garden. How sweet is that? I think I'll just stir fry my beans to keep that crispness that I like. We'll have that with some pasta and shrimp etouffe' for supper!

Since I don't have a picture of tonight's supper, I'll post one from a few weeks ago. I roasted my first whole chicken ever. Researched some recipes online and brined it for a couple of hours. Then I stuffed it with lemon, onion and garlic. I chopped some of my fresh cilantro, green onions and parsley and mixed that with butter which I pushed under the chicken skin. It was soooooo good!


Hope everyone has a wonderful day!




1 comment:

Sandra Evertson said...

I am drooling.... looks SO delicious!
Sandra Evertson

About Me

My photo
south louisiana, United States
I'm a stay at home mom of four adult children. I've always been interested in creating and have been sewing since I was a young girl. Everyone loves lagniappe. It's the little extra things in life that make it special, whether it's a sweet, sticky kiss from a child or a great cajun cup of coffee.