Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Moving On

It's summertime down here already (90 degrees and above) and there always seems to be something else to do besides create. I've really been unproductive with my sewing or other things since Mom passed. Katie finally did decide on her wedding invites so I may be able to start those this weekend. I need a push from somewhere. Last week my nephew and family came down from NY so we spent time with them, playing and letting all the cousins get to know each other again. Here they are playing "Ring Around the Rosy" on the mini trampoline at Karen's house. So sweet!


We also went to the Aquarium of the America's in New Orleans on Friday. We were supposed to go to the beach at Grand Isle but with the oil spill there won't be too much of that for probably years. It's really a terrible situation and will affect more than just the immediate coast. 

Here are a few pics from the aquarium.







They really had a fun time and all got along so well. (They're all 2 years old)

Saturday we boiled crawfish and shrimp at our house and we all played outside until the dark and mosquitoes took over. 

 

Finally, a tired and dirty crew got cleaned up for bedtime!


On Sunday, my niece held her dance recital, which is a total family affair also. Everyone pitches in to help and we all go back to her mom and dad's to visit (and eat) afterwards. A really nice ending to a fun-filled week! Hope your week was as filled with love!


2 comments:

beki said...

It looks like life is full - enjoy!!

Tricia said...

Love, love the bathtub picture. Isn't it fun to be cousins! And that is just so sickening about the oil spill in the gulf. I am from S. Miss. originally, but am in MI now. I just can't believe the devastation. Hope they can figure out a way to clean it up!

Well, thanks for posting on my blog.

We are in London and leaving for home on Monday.

Blessings,
Tricia

About Me

My photo
south louisiana, United States
I'm a stay at home mom of four adult children. I've always been interested in creating and have been sewing since I was a young girl. Everyone loves lagniappe. It's the little extra things in life that make it special, whether it's a sweet, sticky kiss from a child or a great cajun cup of coffee.